Eat little and often:
Don't cook every meal:
you lose nutrients in cooking foods.
To Maintain Energy Levels:
Eat carbohydrates in the morning/afternoon and proteins in the afternoon/evening:
Carbohydrates that are beneficial:
- BROWN RICE
- Wheat and gluten based products, especially the whites, white bread, white rice, white pasta etc.
- Processed breakfast cereals
- Processed fruit juices
- FISH AND SEAFOOD
- GOAT/SHEEP MILK/CHEESE - Fat globules are 5 times smaller, and contain more nutrients, than cow based products and are therefore easier to digest.
An overly acidic diet will result in illness and a weakened immune system. Introduce elements of both lists into your meals leaning toward the alkaline:
- PROCESSED FRUIT JUICES
- PROCESSED/CANNED FOODS
- CASHEWS, PEANUTS, WALNUTS
- SALMON, TUNA, SHRIMP, SHELLFISH
- COCOA, COFFEE
- GREEN JUICE OR FRESHLY JUICED FRUITS.
- EGG PLANT
- SEA VEGETABLES
- EDIBLE FLOWERS
- Although you would assume that citrus fruits would have an acidifying effect on the body, they actually have an alkalinizing effect in the system: APPLE, APRICOT, AVACADO, BERRIES, COCONUT, DATES, FIGS, GRAPES, GRAPEFRUIT, LEMON, LIME, ORANGE, PEACH, PEAR, PINEAPPLE, RHUBARB, TOMATOES, WATERMELON
- ALMONDS, CHESTNUTS
- HERBS AND SPICES
- WHEY PROTEIN